Saturday, March 20, 2010

Art for Language-Lovers: Wordle.net

In one of the best discoveries I've made since mixing garlic powder in with my tuna salad, I happened across an amazing website called Wordle.net. What exactly is it? Basically, you type in a block of text, a few words, or link to something on the internet, and it generates a very cool artistic word cloud, based on the frequency of individual words and phrases. IT IS SO COOL. I realize a lot of people might not be as excited about this as I am, but here are a few examples of the awesomeness:

My Brief Encounter piece from last week:
 
The lyrics to Dessa's song "551":

And finally, Emila's speech on the frailty of men, as said to Desdemona in Othello:


So seriously, check it out: Wordle.net, and try not to be amused!

-K

0 comments: